top of page
Acorn Designs Ltd. (company number 493156) (referred to as “we”, “us”, or “our”), trading as Symphony Kitchens, is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
Acorn Designs is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which is a data protection law that applies across the European Union (EU). We take the security and privacy of our customer’s personal data very seriously, and therefore, we have created this GDPR policy to explain how we protect and process personal data when customers interact with us.
This Policy explains how we use any personal information that we collect about you when you:
- use this website;
- provide your business contact details as an employee of one of our customers;
- order a product or a service from us;
- contact us to make a complaint;
- attend an event organised by us;
- take part in a competition; or
- contact us directly for another purpose.
By interacting with us, you give your consent for Symphony Kitchens to store and process the personal information you've provided above for the purpose of delivering the content or services you've requested. Additionally, you understand and agree that the telephone communication you have with the staff of Acorn Designs Ltd may be recorded for training and quality assurance purposes. Importantly, please note that the staff of Acorn Designs Ltd is not required to inform you at the beginning of each call that it is being recorded. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time by contacting us.
What information do we collect about you?
Let’s Go Group collects information from visitors to our website and customers who contact us to enquire about our bathroom and house renovation services. This data includes but is not limited to the following:
- Contact data includes name, address, email address and telephone numbers;
- Financial data includes bank account and payment card details;
- Transaction data includes details of products and services you have purchased from us, including details of payments and recordings of telephone calls;
- Technical data includes IP address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions and other technology on the devices you use to access our websites; and
- Profile data includes purchases made by you, your personal circumstances, your interests and preferences;
- IP addresses.
Let’s Go Group collects from and stores data at various sources to help us better understand customer behaviour. These include:
- Microsoft Clarity: Microsoft Clarity helps us understand how visitors interact with our website;
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics helps us measure website performance;
- Facebook Pixel: Facebook Pixel helps us track customers who have visited our website;
- Google Ads: Google Ads helps us target specific audiences with relevant ads.
Why will we use the information about you?
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data when:
- we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; or
- we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us on the details set out in the ‘How can I get my name removed from a Acorn Designs Ltd website mailing list’ section below.
How will we use the information about you?
We may use the information that you provide or that is obtained by us for the following purposes:
- To monitor website performance and customer behaviour on our website;
- To manage customer relationships;
- To send promotional emails and offers;
- To process transactions;
- To respond to customer queries;
- To identify and prevent fraud;
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- to process and deliver your order or replacement product;
- to contact you in the course of our relationship with our customers or potential customers;
- to process your complaint, including, in some circumstances, arranging a visit to your property to inspect your product;
- to register you with our website and to administer the website services;
- to invite you to attend an event;
- to check any instructions given to us;
- for training purposes;
- to improve the quality of our customer service
- for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer;
- if you agree, to send you information about our products or services of ours you may be interested in;
- for the prevention and detection of crime, including fraud;
- to administer any prize draws or competitions you enter.
Acorn Designs Ltd will store collected data in secure servers and will use appropriate security measures to protect the data from unauthorised access.
How long will you keep my information for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law, we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes (which coincides with our five-year building division (including additional units) product warranty period). For our retail customers and their customers, that period is extended to ten years in order to cover our ten-year product warranty period.
Will we share your information?
We may give information about you, under conditions of confidentiality, to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- If you agree, to our retail stockists, when you request a brochure;
- to employees and agents of us to administer or improve any accounts, products and services provided to you by us now or in the future;
- to other organisations for the administration of prize draws or competitions you enter, should you enter any;
- to our advisors on a sale or merger of all or part of our business and to the new owners of that business.
You do not have to accept cookies, and you should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, this will give you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
What are your rights?
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal information. These include rights to:
- request access to your personal data;
- withdraw consent to the processing at any time;
- ask for correction of any inaccurate information;
- ask us to delete personal data if it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
- ask us to complete incomplete data;
- object to or restrict processing in specific circumstances;
- be notified of a personal data breach which is likely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedoms;
- make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office; and
- in limited circumstances, receive or ask for your personal data to be transferred to a third party in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at the address below in the ‘Contact’ section.
How can I get my name removed from a Acorn Designs Ltd website mailing list?
If you want to be removed from our mailing list or have us delete your details from our database, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your request. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request.
Please be aware that our websites may include links to third-party websites. Clicking on those links may allow those third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control those websites and are not responsible for their privacy policies.
Will we transfer your information?
In providing you with the services that you have requested, for example, if you request information about becoming an overseas dealer, we may need to transfer your personal information to countries which do not have data protection laws in line with our current laws. If so, we will keep control of the information or require anyone we pass to hold it to the standard of current EU data protection laws.
Acorn Designs Ltd will provide customers with access to their data upon request. Customers can also request that Acorn Designs Ltd delete any personal data it holds
How to contact us.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you, please contact us at:
Data Protection Officer
Barcastle Retail Park
bottom of page